The most successful and effective organizations adapt to the demands of a changing marketplace. But that change must come from within the organization, and everyone knows that change does not come easily. Strategy Arts helps organizations realign current practices with long-standing goals, or develop new work processes to support a revitalized strategic vision.
Strategy Arts believes that the most effective agents of organizational transformation are the stakeholders themselves. Through a facilitated, collaborative approach, we empower stakeholders to be the transformational leaders who will manage the change and grow the culture to successfully propel their organization into the future. Throughout the process Strategy Arts crafts change solutions that integrate the best elements of an organization’s existing culture and its vital resources into a new, forward-looking vision of success.
Strategy Arts begins the process of organizational transformation by asking two central questions:
1. Are the organization’s current goals consistent with the leaders’ and stakeholders’ current vision of organizational success, and if not, how can those goals and vision be aligned?
2. Do the organization’s current structure and workflow support the achievement of strategic goals and the adherence to an organizational vision, and if not, how should structure and workflow be adapted?
Strategy Arts begins the study of organizational effectiveness and readiness by gathering and analyzing data on current work practices from two methods: observing work processes in action and interviewing key stakeholders concerned with work processes and organizational structure. Existing workflow gaps and structural problems can be determined in order to address needed improvements and recommend specific solutions.
This research and analysis stage of the process culminates in a recommendation report that details the current organizational state and outlines a phased approach for a comprehensive transformational plan.
After the initial research and analysis phases are complete, Strategy Arts guides leadership teams towards consensus around a vision of the organization’s success. Once that consensus is reached, Strategy Arts helps leadership teams develop a detailed transformational plan to address changes in workflow and structure that includes objectives, timelines, roles, responsibilities and tasks. The number and details of the steps in the transformational plan depend on the nature and scope of the change being undertaken. For example, the following 5 steps illustrate typical considerations in a transformational plan:
1. Design a balanced plan for communicating the transformation throughout the organization, encouraging an open, two-way flow of knowledge while also guarding against information overload and inaccuracy that could undermine change.
2. Implement a plan for effective project and program management.
3. Develop and implement work processes that support new strategic goals on a trial basis, documenting new workflows and piloting new workflow structures to assess their effectiveness before they are scaled organization-wide.
4. Document new workflow processes and develop and implement job training programs.
5. Provide structure and support for the revision of job descriptions.
By the end of the entire transformation process, organizations are much better positioned to build on the changes they have carried out. Additionally, all stakeholders in the organization are now empowered with the knowledge and skills to manage change themselves, for new challenges and opportunities will inevitably emerge in the future.
Highly effective organizations have the capacity to adapt to the demands of a changing marketplace. Strategy Arts helps organizations realign current practices with long-standing goals, or develop new work processes to support a revitalized strategic vision.
Strategy Arts believes that the most effective agents of organizational transformation are the stakeholders of the organization themselves. We use a facilitated, collaborative approach to empower stakeholders as transformational leaders who propel the culture shift that animates change. Throughout the process Strategy Arts seeks to craft change solutions that integrate the best elements of an organization's culture and resources into a new, forward-looking vision of success.